Dr Galligan often meets his infant and toddler patients at their very first visit to the dentist. This is a special time as its one of many firsts for a child in their early life and firsts are a joy to experience, for both parents and our team. If your infant or toddler is experiencing the dentist for the first time, please review our information regarding an initial checkup on our First Visit page.
Infant care at Galligan Family Dentistry begins with an unrushed and relaxed-pace exam and cleaning by our pediatric dentistry team, allowing ample time for education and doctor inqury, directly with you and your child. Parents are welcome throughout the evaluation to discuss the early stages of oral healthcare with Dr. Galligan and his pediatric team. Dr. Galligan will review the following at each checkup and cleaning appointments:
- Feeding and dietary stages and how they relate to dental and oral health
- Hygiene tips and tricks to keep your child on a healthy track of progressive cleaning techniques and products
- Nutritive sucking, pacifier use, thumb and digit habit education and recommendations
- Disease risks and how to tilt the scale toward disease protection and away from potential risk
- Growth evaluation and occasional intervention to capture the most preferred and healthful growth potential during critical developmental stages
- Development and oral health milestones review to educate parents of upcoming expectation of the transitional dentition